View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Re; "Why Reject the NKJV?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebrews928 View Post
George,

All of your statements concerning what we truly believe are inaccurate and misleading. Not one of your statements honestly presents our position - as we have stated it on this Forum (over and over again).

For example?

Reading your post #186 I kinda felt you were misrepresenting my position, as if I'm an advocate for a new translation every year?

I think God prefers the available copies of the original language manuscripts. We need an English translation of that Scripture.

Aloha hebrews928,

Your statement:
Quote:
"For example?"
I gave you lots of "examples" (READ THE LINKS) - if you bothered to read them! I repeat - Everything that you attributed to us as "our beliefs" about the King James Bible are not only misleading, but they are demonstrably FALSE! (READ THE LINKS!)

Your Statement:
Quote:
"I think God prefers the available copies of the original language manuscripts. We need an English translation of that Scripture."
You "think" that God prefers "the available copies of the original language manuscripts"? WHICH ONES - Hmmm?

In the New Testament alone there are approximately 5,500 Greek manuscripts available (mostly partial mss) - Which ones does God "prefer"? Not one of those manuscripts is a complete BIBLE (66 Books - complete and without any error.)

Do you believe that all Christians must become proficient in the "original languages" and have to rely on Greek and Hebrew teachers in order to understand the words of God?

Are we supposed to "throw away or discard" our God honored Holy Bible, (for nearly 400 years) just because you (and others) "think" that God prefers - "the available copies of the original language manuscripts"? Thanks - but NO THANKS!

Your statement:
Quote:
"We need an English translation of that Scripture."
I have "News" for you - WE HAVE ONE! It was first known as THE HOLY BIBLE; then as the AUTHORIZED VERSION OF 1611; and now is known as THE KING JAMES BIBLE!

You (and others) may "need" a new English Translation to suit your "personal preferences", but if, and when, you ever get one, are you going to be totally satisfied with it? Are you going to ever accept any English translation as your FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice? Or are you always going to run to the "the available copies of the original language manuscripts" whenever you find something in them that you "personally" disagree with?

You see - We (genuine Bible believers) may disagree on some issues in the Bible, but there is one thing that we are all of one mind on, and that is: We believe that the King James Bible (formerly known as the AV1611 & The Holy Bible) is our FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice. We do not run to another "translation" because our Bible is "archaic" or too hard to understand. We do not run to "the available copies of the original language manuscripts" every time we "think" that our AUTHORITY may be "wrong" somewhere. We accept our Bible as being God's Holy word (perfect and without error) - Just exactly as God intended for us to have in ENGLISH.

What do you have to offer in place of that? Hmmm?