View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
MMMmmm, mmmm! Those are lovely, too. Clownfish are so pretty.
FIVE feet across! Wow!
Do you dive all over the world? Ever been to Australia? I'd love to see some of their fish and such. I hear Australia has the most poisonous sea creatures in the world!
Well I was going to go to Australia, but after talking to Carl Roessler (an old dive travel expert) we decided not to, let me tell you why; for one thing he told me that in order to see the best reefs in Australia you had to go WAY off shore, like 20 miles or more. This concerned me because I have always had a problem with sea sickness. In contrast, the reefs in Palau come right up next to the islands, some of those photos I posted were taken in less than 5 feet of water, in fact the best dive spots are only a few hundred yards off shore. Australia also has the killer jellyfish called Irukandji and also the Box jellies there too, which can kill you in a matter of minutes, but I would still love to go there. I think maybe next time we would like to try Fiji, I hear that is awesome. But I have talked to divers who have gone all over the Pacific and they tell me that Palau is the very best spot, I have been there twice and we loved it. For me the WWII historical background was also a big plus.