View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Greetings. In my view, love is the greatest visible evidence of our true discipleship. This is genuine Christianity. Contend for the faith? Absolutely. But always speak the truth in love.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

If you are interested, I've written a free booklet titled, "Put Away Childish Things". http://www.christdirected.com/2008/0...ildish-things/ (If you need it as a word document, send a request via email.)

Love to all in Christ.
Aloha brother Forrest,

I agree with what you have said, however, on a Forum such as this, it is sometimes difficult (if not impossible) to tell WHO our true brothers in Christ are and WHO might be "false brethren". [2Corinthians 6:14-18]

If we were in a local church it would be much easier to judge - but on a Forum, all we have to go by is words (written by individuals) and "attitude".

We also must be careful to distinguish between the Scriptural definition of love and charity and the worldly (Humanistic) definition of "love" that is so prevalent in the churches today.

We must never forget the Attributes of the God that we worship.

God is a Tri-Part Being – Body, Soul, Spirit (God's "Substance")
The Attributes of God that make up His Substance are - God is: Eternal = I AM

Self Existing[without beginning or end of existence] Immortal-Perpetual-Unchangeable

Omniscient (All-Knowing - All-Seeing.)

Omnipotent (All Powerful – Unlimited Power.)

Omnipresent (Everywhere - Present in all places at the same time)

God possesses a Heart and a Mind (God's "Faculties")
The moral attributes of God are - God is: HOLY (Before All Else!)

Holy (Perfectly PureSacred) {Holiness is God’s primary moral attribute}

Just (Righteous, Principled, Upright, Equitable, Impartial)

Truth
(True, Genuine, Faithful, Honest, Veracity, Fidelity)

Love
(Benevolence, Good Will, Charitable)

Mercy
(Grace, Pardon, Compassionate, Pitiful)

Now, don't get me wrong brother, I believe your emphasis to be Scriptural, however, there is an effort within some "Cristian Circles" to place God's "Love" ABOVE His Holiness, Justice, and Truth and I believe that to do so is not only unscriptural, but also blasphemous.

IF God's Love is His "Primary" Attribute, then no one needs to go to Hell. But God's Holiness, Justice, and Truth demand a "payment" for sin - hence God's Love & Mercy, in that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer and die and to pay "the price" that His Holiness and Justice demanded!