View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Hi illusionznc,
You stated
Quote:
My main concern is not with the Apocrypha at the moment, but true doctrine and scripture and what edition I can find it in.
You will find that mostly every King James Bible has true doctrine. But as you now know, that the PCE has eliminated every possibility of error in presentation.
It is presentationaly pure as it is docrinally pure.
But any KJB for that matter is an excellent Bible, albeit not presentationaly pure as the PCE. [Joshua 19:2]
I too was searching for the truth, even though I knew all about the various differences in the various King James Bible editions.
Why, even by the very same publishers in the very same years, would use different editions for printing.
I think that they either did not see any differences, or that they thought it was too inconsequential to do anything about it. Also certain publishers purposed to use certain spellings.
As far as the Apocryphal books in the King James Bible, this is not a big issue.
Even in 1611 the Apocryapha was not considered cannon.
Read the title page. Plus Apocrypha means something.
The various early King James Printers already were taking the Apocrypha out at very early dates. Other printers include them, even to this day arise the odd publisher's devotion to the Apocrypha in an ignorant way.
I do not know personally when the first Bible eliminated the Apocrapha from inside the covers of the Bible.
But I do remember DR. Ruckman stating that they started taking out the Apocrapha almost right away, even though many KJBs yet contained the Apocrypha.
I have the luxury of having a few old Bibles myself a couple for each century.
Some include it and others omit it.
1612 included -publisher= Robert Barker
1663 omitted -publisher= John Field [Cambridge]
1668-66 omited-publisher= John Field [Cambridge]
1726- included-publisher= John Baskett [Oxford]
1769- included-publisher= John Archdeacon [Cambridge]
1824- omitted-publisher= George Eyre and Andrew Strahan [London]
1890- omitted-publisher= Oxford
1917- omitted-publisher= Oxford [Scofield]
1937- omitted- publisher= W. Lewis M.A. [Cambridge]
1953-omitted-publisher=Collins [J.L.Clyde Lord Advocate]PCE
1986-included- publisher= Oxford Crown edition
2003-included-publisher= Hendrickson [1611 Faxcimile]
2007-omitted-publisher= Bible Protector [PCE]
Just because I have ones that omit the Apocrypha in certain years does not mean that there was no King James Bibles out there with the Apocrypha. Sometimes they printed more than one run in a year, and so even the very same publishers would sometimes[depending on their leanings and goals for the publication] print the Bible including the Apocrypha, while another printing does not.
Some printers never printed the Apocrapha while others would include it only for historical and study skae. Some include it because they think it should be there.
I do not agree to that and neither does most of true Christendom.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure: