View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
no that is not what I was saying at all. what I meant was that the infant child unborn or stilborn that person never sees a sinful day. sinfulness is something that is llived out in life not in prebirth or death before birth.
I don't think this is something we really need to debate, but I don't see any Biblical basis for believing that a human being, even just after conception, doesn't have the sin nature they have inherited in Adam's image.

Now God does not have to impute this sin on them and in fact does not until someone is able to be accountable for their sin. This doesn't happen until years after birth. You'll get no argument from me about "where do they go when they die" -- same with people who are mentally incapable of being aware of sin, etc. The following verses teach this: Isaiah 7:16; John 9:41; Deut 1:29; Deut 24:16; others) and David knew his newborn son would be in heaven (2Sam 12:23).

Quote:
I think the issue of sinful awareness is in conscienceness and unconscienceness. unborn or unconscience to existence and self realization but after their first breath they become self aware.
This is just speculation. I don't know how anyone could know that a newborn is self-aware. I believe the key here is the ability to understand. Nehemiah chapter 8 shows this.