View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Thanks for you reply it is very helpful.

Living in the UK gives me a slight disadvantage at times because movements such as the church of Christ aren’t something that I have ever encountered – that’s why I appreciate the input of you guys from the USA! Although I don’t know much about the two movements that were on those links, I placed them on this forum because of what they had to say about the KJB. That doesn’t mean to say that I agree with the rest of their teachings, I simply thought that their coverage of the Bible is an interesting topic for discussion on a forum such as this one.

I don’t buy what the Seventh day Adventists are all about, but some of them do a pretty good job at defending the authorised Bible.
So don’t worry I’m not some kind of cult member trying to draw you all away, I belong to a Baptist church, I believe that the KJB is the inspired & preserved word of God and that Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God who alone can save souls!

However, I will take care in what I post in the future!

God bless

PaulB
Paul, I didn't in any way put any ambiguous reference that you were a cultist, we are all new to each other and it takes time to get to know each other brother. I just speak sort of plain and cut and dried, I guess some of the others here will tell you I might take some getting used to, lol. Brother, I am what many Baptists call a "hyper" dispensationalist and a "dry cleaner", I don;t preach or accept water baptism as operative today. Other than that I'm a standard Christian Bible fundamentalist.

Yes, like Mormonism the Church of Christ is sort of an American anomaly, they don;t sponsor many missionaries, like Catholicism, they really do next to NO personal evangelism or missionary work, so we're stuck with them here Across The Great Pond. Mormons of course put great emphasis on missionary works.

I found absolutely nothing wrong with the links or the books, as I said, if a person has discernment, no problem. The COC, like the SDA, are deceptive in the sense they won't tell you right off they are COC.

Thanks again for the links, welcome to the forum again, and enjoy!

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-26-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling