Thread: New Century
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I agree Brother Tony. Don't know why they don't want to answer that question. It's a question I've been struggling with lately. I mean I agree with the Brother's response before mine. I know we're saved by GRACE through faith. But can a person really just believe in Jesus' existence and be saved? The bible says even the devils believe and they tremble, but is belief alone enough to save your soul from hell? Does not a person have to be drawn by the Holy Ghost and repent? Can a person have no intention whatsoever of turning from the sin and filth of this world, and just ask Jesus to save them just to avoid hell or use Jesus to get them out of their "problem"? I don't believe so! Anyway, can't wait to see you brother Tony! God's speed!
Clint, the devils who believe were faced with Christ showing up to them in Person and saying, here I Am. These devils, evil spirits, are already damned, there is no salvation offered to them.

"Jailhouse religion" is calling on Jesus when we are busted, those with a criminal heart get out of jail, change identities, and continue in their crimes. So long Jesus.

"Repentence" is merely changing your mind, and many pop a cork when they see that the first recorded repentence in the bible was God:

Ge 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Ex 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Every human is born with a throne in them, only one person can sit on that throne. Us, or God. When we unseat ourselves and let God sit, we change our minds towards Him and accept His sacrifice for us. That is Paul's gospel of Christ.

You have a problem all Christians have. Clint is going to do what he should not do and not do things he should. That's what Paul said. That's where grace abounds that while we are yet sinners He died for us. Sin is transgression of the law and you sin everytime you shave, according to the law.

Le 19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Only Christ kept the law, proving we could NOT. HE TOOK OUR PLACE. None are good, no, not one, but Him. You are going to struggle with your flesh all your earthly life.

Be of good cheer my friend. Go to Romans 8 and tell me what can separate Clint from the love of Christ? We are created to PERFORM good works, but we cannot walk in them or the good works of others. Our walk is by FAITH, not by SIGHT. That faith given to us as a gift, the faith of Christ He had on the cross as He suffered, as told in Eph. 2.

If I can answer a question for you, you need only ask my friend. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Grace and peace

Tony