Thread: fortune cookies
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Many may accuse me of being too extreme on issues such as this, but I want to point out that God does not look favorably on fortune cookies, no matter how harmless we may think they are.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 18:10-13 KJV)

I've sat at supper with many a Christian that cracked those things open, laughed and jested about what was written, and payed no mind to what is written in the Word of our Lord about them.

It would be well with you to just say "no thanks, not for me" when someone offers you one.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
I knew someone was gonna say that

I have a question. to me these things are just crap. so when i look at them its just entertainment. non-fictional. not real. If I dont believe in them. or follow its way. Is that still being apart of it?