View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Notice, that Jesus says "neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" This says that no one will be able to steal the salvation of a peron, if the person want to be with GOd.
You're reading something into the verse that is not there, brother (sister?):

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one." (John 10:28-30)

Where does it say "If the person wants to be with God"? It doesn't.

Where does it infer "If the person wants to be with God"? It doesn't.

What does it say?

1) God gives us eternal life
2) We will never perish
3) No man can pluck them out of God's hand
4) God the Father, is greater than all
5) No man can pluck them out of God's hand
6) Jesus the Son and God the Father are one

It does not say that we "will never perish unless we decide to not be with God anymore".

Also, there's the difficulty of being forever sealed and indwelt:

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:30)

Sealed until the day of redemption.

We also are part of Jesus once we are His, so how could we 'undo' that merger with the most powerful being in the universe? Is any of us that mighty?

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12)

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." (John 17:11)

"Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22)

God 'keeps' us, and 'seals' us once we are born again.

Quote:
Keep in mind that God has given us free will. Therefore, if we are in God's hand, we have the option to stay or to leave. However, no one can forse us out of God's hand. The only way that we can leave God's hand, is if we chose to do so with our own will.
Do you really think that God is so incompetent that He cannot 'keep' His children, as He has promised?

Why are you so eager to prove that you can lose your salvation? Is it because you feel that you have to do something in order to keep it?

If that were so, then what was the point of Jesus dying on the cross? I mean, if you have to do something like keep the Commandments in order to keep your salvation, then you're making my Lord and Saviour into a pretty poor administrator of His grace and mercy.

Most people I have met who insist that they have to 'do' something in order to 'keep' their salvation or even to 'earn' it, are trying to 'save' themselves, making the cross of none effect, basically saying that they don't need God to do anything, they can handle their own salvation, thankyouverymuch....

And do not forget...

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:19,20)

Once you have given yourself to God, have been born again, YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN, YOU ARE BOUGHT (and owned) BY GOD.

So, who is any one of us to say that our life is our own, once we have been saved?

Once we are bought by His blood, He cannot deny us.
"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." (2 Timothy 2:13)

Quote:
I agree, that from God's part, that he will never let us go. What about from Humans part?

What if a human want to stop being in God's hand? Does that mean that God will still hold the person in the hand?
See my Scripture above...God will NEVER leave or forsake you, you are kept forever once you are saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I
They were clean, washed of their sins, by their faith. However, they, as we, pick up daily dirt on our feet, we 'sin' in little ways even if we're very good. That's why we need to ask the Lord to forgive us and to cleanse us, daily, to get the 'dirt' off our feet.
Quote:
Like I said about the temptations of Jesus. (Matthew 4:1-10)
That if a bad thought comes into your mind, and you accept the thought, then you sinned.
If a bad thought comes into your mind, and you reject the thought, then you do not sin.

According to your theory, Jesus sinned, while being in the desert, because there came bad thoughts into the head of Jesus.
Now, where did you get that from my words?