View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close.

I heard someone once say can you go a day without sinning? How about an Hour? How about a minute, well live your life minute by minute, then.

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?

1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Are you righteous or ungodly and a sinner?

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,………

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.