View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hello Sister. This is one of those instances where I must be careful not to be so proud and emphatic about my view that I end up creating my own doctrine. So please know my tone, humble and gentle hearted.

I make that statement in light of John 3. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

The condemnation to the eternal "second death" (Revelation 20) is already (now) upon the unbeliever. I think we can agree with that. It is clear to me that sins did not result in the present condemnation, but as I read the Scripture, it was specifically unbelief that brings a state of condemnation.

I think we also understand that: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). The love of darkness and evil deeds do indeed blind people to the truth. I am asking, do you suppose that unbelief is an act of the will? Do you think "sins" are what bring condemnation or do you suppose the single "sin" of unbelief (after hearing the Word of Truth), is what brings condemnation?

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Ephesians 1:13).

So in my understanding, Linda, unbelief is a choice of the free will of man, and in light of Scripture, is the reason why mankind will be condemned to the second death.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).
I will concede that unbelief and rejection can be determined as "sin". If indeed it is "sin", then, as I've stated before, all sins were paid for on Calvary. That being said, Christ told some in Matthew 7 "I never knew you". It stands to reason that since all sins were paid for on Calvary, then what one truly goes to hell for is not knowing the Saviour or the Saviour not knowing them. One must have a relationship with Christ.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)