View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
OK. I'm positive nobody cares but me but before Brandon unregisters me as I requested, I will take the opportunity to add something that has bugged me that I overlooked since shortly after I wrote this post....

4) What does a plowman do after plowing the ground? HE SCATTERS SEED.

It's just so obvious that plowing has been a metaphor for sex in every "primitive" agrarian society in history. It even is in ours.

I don't have a filthy mind as Pam suggests. I only want to correctly interpret the scriptures the best I can.

Those are the reasons I interpret Judges 14:18 the way I do.
Sis Jen,

Please don't unregister here! I've appreciated your posts and reading all of the conversations going on here. Sometimes I haven't agreed with the way things have been handled, but I still see it as EDIFYING, one way or the other. I'm not saying that I haven't agreed with YOU, personally, since I do understand where you are coming from.

The Scripture clearly indicates that it is a RIDDLE - and you gave a good analogy that supports your point. I can't say it is wrong!

When disagreements go on here, I tend to sit back and read - I'm not brave like you and others, sis. I admire the fact that you stand by your beliefs and that you supply very good support for them. Additionally, I admire your openness to correction and to TRUTH. I know that your goal is NOT to be RIGHT... but to learn the TRUTH from God's Word.

Please remain!

If the conflicts here are too bothersome for you, then just sit back and read, as I have done, and don't get involved. But you are not me - and I don't encourage you to do that, if it doesn't fit your personality and style. The Bible clearly shows many different personalities and "styles"! Not everyone is the same. Look at how the 4 Gospels differ and we can see evidence of that.

Anyway, I want to encourage you to remain a vital member of this forum, sis!

I, for one, appreciate you here!

Your sister,
Jassy