Thread: New Member here
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Welcome biblereader,I hope you find fellowship and church here.I can understand your frustration in your christian walk,my church in NZ allows women to preach at times and some of the men when preaching use the Message and one actually has a version that is black and in gold it says Message Bible,all of our other preachers are NIVers as is our Pastor and Elders.
Our church is the best on offer in town.

Mrs Hayseed
Sister its sounds like your Church is entrenched in ecumenism, I was involved in a Church very similar and after a guest speaker from the states read 2 verses from the niv and 2 pages of Cs lewis, while blatantly flashing the devils cornet sign about 20 times during his "sermon" I spent the entire sermon praying. That was the last time I set foot in that Church, I got outside, dusted my shoes off and never went back.
The message is one of the most ungodly translations that has ever reared its ugly head and I pray you find another Church sister, or start a meeting in your own home, solid Bible believing meetings.

Quote:
Our church is the best on offer in town.
Never settle for the best on offer, as a bible believing Christian it becomes impossible to fellowship properly in such a Church, you will never be content or at peace in such a place so why not consider holding your own meetings with fellow Bible believers in your homes.?

God Bless

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.