View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Start with Scripture first and a pre-conceived notion, and Scripture will win over the pre-conceived notion. But if you start with a pre-conceived notion and then add Scripture to try and glue it together, you end up with a cult.
Thanks all for the comments. They have been helpful. Tonybones; I think you hit the nail on the head. Talking with this young man reminds me of folks like the Church of Christ (COC) or the Calvinists. Once a person has been indoctrinated with COC teachings, every time they see water or baptism in the Bible they see it through the "water baptism is essential for salvation" filter. Most Calvinists when they see the words elected or chosen in the Bible see it through the "in eternity past God picked out who would be saved and not saved" filter. My young friend is interpreting scripture through the "serpent seed / Kenite" filter. What's hard to understand is how this young man could fall for these teachings. I believe he is saved and he was brought up in a solid KJV believing home.