View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:11 PM

I agree with everything but the water-boarding. I know that some of these detainees are fanatics that would kill us and our children in a heartbeat without remorse, but I still believe we have to treat them as the Bible says,

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Don't get me wrong, if I saw one of these fellows trying to hurt someone, I would shoot first and ask questions later. But once they are prisoners, I think we have to follow the scriptures.

Did anybody see 60 minutes last night? They had some of the Saudi detainees that had been released back to Saudi Arabia. Quite a few had reversed their beliefs as terrorists. One fellow was with Osama bin Laden and had met him personally on the Afghan/Pakistan border. Bin Laden had promised to fight to the end but deserted them as American troops got close. That really opened this fellow's eyes. He was captured and spent 4-5 years at Guantanamo. Now he is completely against Al-Qaeda and bin Laden.

Now that said, a few had returned to terrorism. But it was a small minority.