View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord
ESV, ... GWT at the last verses of Mark and I see all up to vs20 in all versions
Gord, The modern versions leave the text in, often in brackets or some other restricted method, while teaching that this is actually man's corruption. Read the footnotes and such. Of course this is sheer hypocrisy. If they really believed it was man's corruption, and they were honest before God, they would not have the text. Confused textcrit pseudo-evangelicals (textual apostates) like Daniel Wallace have their own movement afoot to actually remove the text, as it is most modern versions will only leave you doubtful and confused.

Quote:
I do see the subtle difference with the word He compared to the word God in 1Ti 3:16
Nothing subtle there, doctrinal quicksand has been built on the difference. Oh, actually their Greek does not say "he", it says "which" or "who", grammatically dubious, but they know that would expose the text to ridicule so they usually change it to "he" in the text.

Quote:
that's not a deal breaker
Who told you you should be making deals to include corruption with the word of God ?

Quote:
I need better then that to be sold on KJV-only.
False dichotomy. You could actually reject the modern version blunders and corruptions and not be "sold on KJV-only". Many of us actually moved precept upon precept, line upon line. The first thing we realized was that the modern versions were abysmally corrupt and we switched to Received Text based Bibles only.

Make that proper movement, and be refreshed. You can then look at King James Bible issues without the fuzz and buzz of the abject corruption of the modern versions.

And if you want about 180 missing links, to start, Brandon has a "magic marker" page.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Last edited by Steven Avery; 05-03-2008 at 09:52 AM.