View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha all,

What I am trying to figure out is WHY? WHY is there a discussion about this obvious SLANDER? What is going on?

I have met brother Ruckman; I spent a week with him in 1973 at Koolau Baptist Church on Oahu, Hawaii; He taught every morning and preached every night for a week; I played tennis with him several times at 11:-12:00 p.m. some nights; He spent many hours with my family and myself during his visit there; at one time I had nearly 2,000 hours of his teaching tapes on reel-to-reel tapes; I have heard dozens of hours of preaching tapes; and have read at least 80% of his books, pamphlets, etc.

Now let me testify: Dr. Peter Ruckman has at no time, in any thing that I have read or heard him say, ever "APPROVED" OF ABORTION! I repeat NEVER! What is going on here? Somebody ("somebodies") are besmirching, and smearing a man who is now 86 years old (an elder); a man who has served God for nearly 60 years; a man who God has used mightily in the preservation of His Holy word.

Why would anyone give "credence" to any "charges" brought by "unidentified accusers"? I can't believe that this discussion is taking place here! We do know who the "Accuser" of the brethren is don't we?

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 5:1
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

I am not always in agreement with brother Peter Ruckman, but this much I do know - this "campaign" that has been waged against him in his waning years is the most vicious thing that I have ever witnessed in the 50 years I have been a Christian.

Are we to take "serious", people who don't have the guts to identify themselves? Why would we even consider the charges - considering where they come from? Hmmm?

Anyone who has read my Posts on this Forum knows that I despise "titles" and "respect of persons", but on the other hand - I also despise malicious gossip; destructive criticism; and slanderous accusations made against anyone. There are a group of people out there (sadly - some Christians) that are out to destroy this brother's testimony and ministry, and I for one will not sit idly by while this is going on.

I sincerely request that this whole rotten issue be dropped - unless someone can come up with something of substance that can be substantiated, and not wild accusations made by people who refuse to even identify themselves.

It's like I said when I began this Post: WHY are we even discussing these slanderous LIES? We are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." [John 7:24] I cannot understand why anyone, who is a genuine Bible believer, would take seriously - anything that is said by people who are so cowardly that they refuse to identify themselves!
Yeah I am in complete agreement here. This is becoming a hot button issue with me (mainly because it reminds me of Christians going before the rulers of the land to bring accusations against another Christian, but in this case bringing false accusations against a godly man before the whole world on the internet). I think 2 Timothy chapters 3 and 4 pretty much sum up what is happening these days. I can honestly say that I have not been blameless when it comes to respecting elders. But as I get older I've found that I'm starting to garner more and more respect for those who have lived in the faith of Jesus Christ for many many years. I've seen so many young Christians fall back into complete carnality, that when I see a man such as Ruckman I thank my Lord JESUS! Our sick and dying world needs an army of faithful Bible believers such as brother Peter. And that is exactly the issue with people these days; they don't believe God's Word. And I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, that standing guilty of unbelief in God's Word is not a good position to be in when one stands at the throne of Almighty God!

Thank you for getting to the point of the issue here George. The Bible is clear, thank the Lord. Ultimately, brother Peter doesn't need to be defended; his work speaks for itself. Anyone that is curious what this brother preaches/teaches has ample opportunity to find out for themself.

Peace and Love,
Stephen