View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Now, this is how it was taught to me in TBDI (only very briefly, during a course on Romans).

At conception, a child has a spirit and a body. The spirit is alive. The body is alive. When the child is born and takes it's first breath, the soul is created in the child, and that child becomes a living soul.

Dr Lince didn't mention anything else at that time, although he may cover it more in a different course, so that's about all I know of the position.

I don't know enough about the position to say either way. Without a life, the body and the spirit are alive at conception. As for the soul, I don't know.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Luke, that's my understanding too.

Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground [man's body], and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life [man's spirit]; and man became a living soul [man's soul]."

I believe a living, human being, known as a baby is in the womb at the moment of conception.

When does a human become a living soul? I "think" when he takes his first "breath," but I don't really know. That is to say, I'm not sure enough to utter or teach what I "think" as the final word of authority.