View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Pneuby's Post #7 - This thread

Pneuby's Post #7 > Bible Versions > "Conflicting authorities & Mark's resurrection accounts.

Aloha brother,

I couldn't help noting your posts and I perceive that you may be sincere in searching for the truth i.e. "the scripture of truth" [Daniel 10:21]- as opposed to any other.

As far as to whether the last 12 verses of Mark are "genuine" scripture, a man by the name of John Burgon wrote the most exhaustive and thorough study on the "genuineness" of these verses (400 plus pages of manuscript evidence on just the 12 verses!) that has been ignored by the majority of the textual critics since he completed his monumental study.

When it comes to the issue of "Which Bible", some of us tend to be overly zealous and may be a bit too "forceful" in our presentations when dealing with this matter. Having said that, brother Steven Avery is not one of them. Since brother Steven has joined this Forum I have read all of his posts and have found them not only to be very informative and edifying, but also presented in a manner that is thoughtful, measured, reasonable, and considerate.

The issue of "Which Bible" is far more complicated than just - what we as Christians prefer to use for our personal Bible. Please read: AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > Page #7 > Post #69 (My post of 05/03/2008).

In Post #69 I have tried to outline the issue of "Which Bible" in terms that I believe are both "reasonable" and without some of the vitriol and accusations that seem to be almost unavoidable when discussing this issue. (I also list numerous authors that you may want to search out regarding this subject)

If after reading Post #69, you would have any questions I would be happy to try to answer them (If I can).

Last edited by George; 05-26-2008 at 04:35 PM.