View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuby
My current church leadership uses several versions, probably in order of NASB, NKJV, ESV-NIV. ... I had NO idea of the missing-added verses.
Isn't that amazing ?

The modern versions even can have a motto:

"Use the modern versions, you don't know what you are missing !"

Very common in the churches today.

Oh, I am a former NIV'er as well. Many, many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuby
So far, I'm leaning toward a MT/BT text position. I would hope you agree that is a step in the right direction.
Precept upon precept, line upon line. My view - simply the move to totally separate from the alexandrian versions, to a superior source text, is a move in the right direction.

Generally, email and web forums are difficult. This is one of the most gracious forums I have ever seen, and the moderation is sensitive and helpful. Even the best web forums, like this one, struggle to keep a balance that emphasizes truth and accuracy, responsibility and responsiveness, and cordiality and friendliness.

You will find that you cannot separate the words of God from the principles of God. Essentially, a distinction without a difference. However I will not go into that now, others have and may do more.

I asked you the questions above simply to prod you to think about the conceptual issues, as you had frequently referred here to being under very conflicting authorities. My questions were simply a response meant to show you some difficulties in your taking the conflicting authorities position.

Shalom,
Steven