View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Default Re: " Inerrant scripture and imperfect translations?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi Tim. And let's not miss the crucial point that what they are clearly doing is to deny the inerrancy of Scripture, just like you do.

“God has nowhere promised an inerrant transmission of Scripture,” and that “…no translation is or can be perfect …” It seems a contradiction to say that current copies of scripture are without error when all that Christians possess are imperfect translations."

This is right out of the Genesis 3 "Yea, hath God said...?" society of which, if memory does not fail me, you too are a card carrying member.

Will Kinney
Aloha brother Will,

Amen & AMEN - to ALL that you said.

Praise God - I believe that brother Matthew has gotten a hold of the truth. No matter how long, or how hard we study the issue of "Which Bible is God's Holy word" - at some point FAITH (in God's promises) must take hold and lead the way to a firm conviction in the King James Bible as being the Holy, infallible word of God without error.

"Intellectual Christianity" is the BANE of all that is true, pure and holy about our faith! "Intellectual Christianity" is seated in the "MINDS" of Academic "Christians", and NOT in their "HEARTS"!

Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: {NOT MY "MIND"}

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. {NOT THE "MIND"}

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
{NOT MY "MIND"}

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart
. {NOT THE "MIND"}

Most of modern day Academic "Christianity" is a "religion" of the "MIND" and NOT the "HEART". There is a total absence of "the love of the truth" (you cannot truly "love" something you don't know) in today's highly educated ("schooled") Christian. If God does not pierce through the "FOG" of doubt and unbelief and shine the light of His truth on a skeptic's or a doubter's HEART - NOTHING that we say or do will change it. That is why I do not spend much time with "intellectual Christians" - it is an exercise in futility, and there is NO spiritual "profit" to be had!

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Last edited by George; 05-29-2009 at 08:16 PM.