View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
my earliest post on this thread, (p.1, #2) pointed out a place where, in my opinion, Dr. Ruckman stepped way out of line...He was mocking innocent people to get a laugh.
That's a pious way of putting it. He was "mocking (oh how could he?) innocent (whaaaa!) people" (those poor innocent people that no one respects).Big deal. Are you a lawyer by any chance?

I've been following this thread from the start and have yet to comment on it's origin, but this is enough. Do you see the last three letters in my last name? SKI!!! Yes, as in Polish, I'm Polish! Pole, Pollack, you name it, I've been called it, and Polish jokes...I've heard 'em all.

So now, I am the innocent person being viciously attacked by Dr. Ruckman's "tasteless and unnecessary" humor. Should I write him a letter demanding an apology? Or should I attack his race with every German joke in the book? Maybe I should complain and trash his name all over the internet because he printed a joke about my stock.

That kind of mentality is the garbage that is stinking up this world today. It's the "you're a god," and "have it YOUR way", and "no one can tell YOU what to do" attitude. Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil, Joel Osteen, and many more have been pumping America with this mindset so that no one in our nation can even laugh at a joke. Since when is being politically correct being godly? That mindset is from the lost world, not God or His Bible.

"You can't say that, you're offending me."

"You can't judge me."

Preachers can't even preach the truth from the pulpits anymore without half of their worldly congregation (instead of AMENing) thinking "he shouldn't have said it that way, someone's going to be offended." It stinks, it's from hell, and this mentality is overtaking the church. (and it's all over this forum)

Laodicean Christians are a bunch a whining, cry-babies that throw a fit as soon as their PRIDE is pinched.

Now, back to the jokes. The reason I did not get offended is because I can take a joke. That's all they were -JOKES. You're not to high and lifted up to be above simple humor are you? Any of you?

Don't come back with the "stumblingblock" speech or insist that the entire nation of Poland may go to hell as a result of the jokes. The truth is that it's the "strong" Christians that are crying about the jokes, not the weak or the lost. To you I say "GROW UP."

A joke, really, a joke about a Pollack being dumb. Wow. What about the drunken Irish jokes, they're pretty standard, and funny. I've heard the man tell German jokes along with a slew of other ethnic one-liners etc. It's not about Dr. Ruckman putting poor innocent people (the Poles) below the rest of the world, it's a matter of the worldly mindset that you're not allowed to say or even print anything that someone might find offense to. BOLOGNA.