View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
I must be a very foolish person. I actually believe that ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16). I believe The Sermon on the Mount is for me, as well as the Ten Commandments. I believe in "the Everlasting Gospel" of Revelation 14, that I am to fear God, keep His commandments, and have faith in Jesus.

What does it matter if we have the inspired, preserved Word of God if we can essentially negate so much of it as "somebody else's mail" ?? I have never understood this rationale....and you don't have to explain it to me as I have corresponded with a pastor who believes it for several months to no avail.

I realize I am in the minority in my view on this forum and do not wish to get into a debate about it. I just needed to voice my objection based on 2 Tim. 3:16.

Shalom,

Tandi
I said it's all FOR you. I also said it's not all TO you. Follow the instructions in the Old Testament and you'll go right to Hell. My pastor (and myself, incidentally) preaches many, many messages almost solely out of the Old Testament; however, we know that the Bible is more than just "they looked forward to the cross and we look back to the cross."

By the way, AMEN Bro. Forrest.

Last edited by MC1171611; 01-19-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added an addendum.