View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

I just want to say that I have appreciated your comments on the Forum and I want to encourage you to keep trusting the Lord and looking to His Holy word for the answers to ALL the issues of life.

I lived in Hawaii (most of the time on the Island of Kauai) from 1958 to 2008, and you couldn't find a colder or more inhospitable place for the Gospel and/or the Holy Scriptures in the U.S.A. (although I'm sure that any Muslim country would do).

These are the times that we live in brother, and we had better get used to it because the APOSTASY is really beginning to set in amongst the so-called "Fundamentalist" and "Evangelical" churches. The only other time in church history that comes close to the debauchery, confusion, perversion, and lawlessness amongst "Christians" was the time following the death of the Apostles (150 - 350 A.D.). The time of all of those "great hero's" of the faith (many of the so-called church "FATHERS" - i.e. the Christian "CELEBRITIES" of the past, who wouldn't hesitate to ADD/SUBTRACT/or CHANGE the Holy words of God to suit their purposes).

Hang in there brother, and if the brethren disappoint you, don't let them get you down. I had a real hard time trying to deal with some of my family and Christian brethren disappointing me in the 70's & 80's that led to a real trying time in my life. I let them get me down, because I was looking unto men (people) and not unto God.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

And never forget:

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Hi Brother ( BornAgainBibleBeliever514 )
Thats sound grounded Bible believing advice from a brother I hold dear in my heart, I myself was troubled by the state of Churches and brethren where I live to a certain degree, and the encouraging words to look to Christ and not let the heartache you feel for the lost or professed "Christians" for that matter drag you away from the truth. In a time in this world (apostasy deeply rooted now in most Churches) far to many people are relying on pastors to be their guide and not Christ (the evils of celebrity). They are turning to men to hear that which pleases them, not the truth that convicts them.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

God Bless and stay fixed and focused on the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the state of the world and subsequently of Churches is certainly Hope that its not long until the Lord returns.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

By the way for the sake of the post/ poll Im 34