View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

Anytime you read anything on any of these topics Metaphysics, Epistemology, Ethics, Politics and Esthetics you are reading philosophy. These five topics cover just about everything.

Even the news paper is full of philosophy, if you listen to the news you even get philosophy when you listen to the news.

You can not even read the news without reading philosophy. Even economics is part of philosophy.

Even when you read history it is full of philosophy. Go read any book about the Civil War and you will be reading about what happened because of the Politics of the day.

How can you not read or study philosophy if you read anything watch or listen to anything?

Atlas
Your points here are valid, but I was referring to the hard core philosphy that I was into back in the day like Sarte and Kierkegaard (I was really into existentialism back in the day). I don't think I could read this sort of philosophy anymore. My biggest fear with this sort of literature is that if one puts any serious weight in what they say then it is all to easy to end up as a modern day Philo.

Peace and Love,
Stephen