View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 AM

Hi Gophgetter, I will try to post this with more grace than I have done so previously.

You said above that you challenge us to find anything you saidthat does not line up with Jesus and the Apostles. If by that, you mean Jesus and the 12, then you'd be absolutely right. If the Books of the NT went like this

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Hebrews, James... etc etc

Then you would be absolutely right.

However, you are forgetting to rightly divide. The mystery of the revelation was given to Paul. His teaching is for this mystery age. The church age was not known about before Christ came. The doctrines for this age are within the Pauline epistles.

I noticed you quote Romans 8. That's true. If you live by the flesh, ye shall die. Then what? Die and go to hell? It doesn't say that. It just says die. Just like if ye live according to the spirit, ye shall live. Where? Here... on earth. Paul doesn't mention eternal life 5 verses either side. He mentions sonship, adoption. The entire chapter is on becoming more Christ-like in His power and faith, but there is no loss of salvation here.

The other verses you quote result in error because you have wrongly divided.

EDIT: It seems that whereever you have seen the word death, you think eternity in hell.