Thread: Spiritual Anger
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 PM

The scriptures are black and white and red. no gray areas.
Being Baptist and going to a Quaker church,i have seen a lot of Gray,the more i privately speak with the pastor the more i see him as having the same beliefs as i and the Baptist church, and not so much of the Quaker. In this church there are many,many different denominations,Baptist(myself and my parents) Catholics,Nazarene, some from the Maharishi (TM) and others.

The pastor preaches one way,but will give other ways as well,such as the Rapture, He preached Pre Tribulation Rapture,(That is what i believe),but also included the other views of the Rapture,(I don't believe). SO why include them? Well,unfortunately with different denominations, it seems as though he is trying to appease those with itching ears.

If i remember correctly,his sermon on Revelation was taught in a way to look at it as:Speculation,Tribulation and Interpretation I was angered when he had left out the last 4 verses of Revelation, that said not to add or subtract to it. They also use the NIV.
Do you suppose that is the reason for excluding those verses?

The problem i have, is with Discouragement,there doesn't seem to be anyone around who likes to discuss the Bible, if they do it is very shallow.

26 years of being saved and i feel like i am still a baby christian,3months ago it took an Atheistic Jew to get me motivated into really searching in the Bible and to Learn and Live it.

Myself and others who first became saved are just not getting the support they need.
The Sunday school i went to as a child was taught by teen agers,all they cared to talk about was Baseball or Sports,until my father spoke to the Pastor,but after a while it went back to the way it was.

Is it any wonder i havn't been back to Sunday school?