View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
freesundayschoollessons

If I may step in here, because I am sure that I am being pegged as a "disorderly brother"...

Beth's comments are right on. This is not a church.

I will say this, if someone is clearly a heretic, then do not hesitate to ban them. Who needs scoffers?

As you see, on this forum, there is a wide variety of KJVOnly people. Even some consider themselves TROnly. There is a wide amount of discussion regarding the textual criticism of the KJV as our brother Bibleprotector seeks to find the purest form of the KJV.

It is quite clear when a person gets involved in a forum to simply "trip up" the other side without trying to explain himself and offer edifying material that leads us all to a clearer understanding of Scripture. If a person simply posts "errors in the KJV" and will not let it drop, then that person violates Paul's admonition in Gal 6.1.

With all of that said, this forum is on the Internet. It is the modern-day equivalent of the Apostle Paul walking into a temple or Mars Hill to discuss matters of Christ. Why have a forum defending the KJV if you will not allow those who disagree with you? This is not church, so don't worry about my comments being used to destroy "the faith" of those under your authority by "causing divisions."

As for me, I will always be respectful. I will not throw Imprecatory Psalms at you or even compare you to the biblical fool in the Psalms or put you in the "house of Satan" (even when that is done toward me). Those judgments are for Christ in His Kingdom.

I take the KJV translator's comments in my signature seriously. I will admit overstatements and faults. I am about to later today admit to a "Hasty Generalization. "I have already admitted to a "Straw Man." I expect others to admit their logical fallacies when I have already pointed them out, but that is up to them.

May we all be willing to "trample vpon our owne credit" when we are proven wrong. The Trueth is the most important thing, not the amount of posts we have. Praise God there is no "reputation" crediting here :-)