View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
This is addressed to the "Forum" and no one in particular:

Let’s see now, if I understand where some of you folks are coming from – since this is a “Forum”, we suspend the instructions of the Bible in favor of “dialogue” or “discussion”?

#1. 1Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; (except on the Forum?)
1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. (except on the Forum?)

#2. Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. (except on the Forum?)

#3. Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (except on the Forum?)

#4. Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; (except on the Forum?)

Thanks – but, No Thanks!
I think I need more clarification, especially if this will be a rule of the forum. and yes, the forum rules should be specific if you want to be able to suspend people for breaking the said rules.

First of all, I believe Brandon said this was not a Church and therefore Church order is not in place, such as do not rebuke an elder. and if this is one of the forum rules then we better put the age as well as gender on all of the user profiles. I agree that if we choose to walk in the spirit then we will want to respect those that are older than us, as well as everyone else.

I don't always know who is my elder and also who is male and female. At my home Church this is all well understood and the elders are above reproach.

I'm sorry again George, but this doesn't make sense to me. You need to decide what your mission is. Do you want to put many under Church discipline or do you want to help edify others. Even others that may not be where they need to be as far as their Christian walk? We turn the other cheek in hopes of winning the offender over. We balance truth and love.

If you want to be respected as an elder, you need to be above reproach. Meaning if someone does come to you with a rebuke, you should be able to defend yourself in a Christian way or apologize when you are in the flesh. and I understand personally, the Holy Spirit within us struggles against the flesh and the flesh against the Spirit.

I'm really trying not to be disrespectful, but we need to iron this out? It looks as though since you are older, we are not to question you.