View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Brother Ruckman

Aloha all,

What I am trying to figure out is WHY? WHY is there a discussion about this obvious SLANDER? What is going on?

I have met brother Ruckman; I spent a week with him in 1973 at Koolau Baptist Church on Oahu, Hawaii; He taught every morning and preached every night for a week; I played tennis with him several times at 11:-12:00 p.m. some nights; He spent many hours with my family and myself during his visit there; at one time I had nearly 2,000 hours of his teaching tapes on reel-to-reel tapes; I have heard dozens of hours of preaching tapes; and have read at least 80% of his books, pamphlets, etc.

Now let me testify: Dr. Peter Ruckman has at no time, in any thing that I have read or heard him say, ever "APPROVED" OF ABORTION! I repeat NEVER! What is going on here? Somebody ("somebodies") are besmirching, and smearing a man who is now 86 years old (an elder); a man who has served God for nearly 60 years; a man who God has used mightily in the preservation of His Holy word.

Why would anyone give "credence" to any "charges" brought by "unidentified accusers"? I can't believe that this discussion is taking place here! We do know who the "Accuser" of the brethren is don't we?

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 5:1
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

I am not always in agreement with brother Peter Ruckman, but this much I do know - this "campaign" that has been waged against him in his waning years is the most vicious thing that I have ever witnessed in the 50 years I have been a Christian.

Are we to take "serious", people who don't have the guts to identify themselves? Why would we even consider the charges - considering where they come from? Hmmm?

Anyone who has read my Posts on this Forum knows that I despise "titles" and "respect of persons", but on the other hand - I also despise malicious gossip; destructive criticism; and slanderous accusations made against anyone. There are a group of people out there (sadly - some Christians) that are out to destroy this brother's testimony and ministry, and I for one will not sit idly by while this is going on.

I sincerely request that this whole rotten issue be dropped - unless someone can come up with something of substance that can be substantiated, and not wild accusations made by people who refuse to even identify themselves.

It's like I said when I began this Post: WHY are we even discussing these slanderous LIES? We are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." [John 7:24] I cannot understand why anyone, who is a genuine Bible believer, would take seriously - anything that is said by people who are so cowardly that they refuse to identify themselves!