View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
Hey Bro. Chette,

You said,

I am not 100% doctrinally pure by any means. I have a lot to learn and am thankful for you and others here for the insight I have gained here or varying issues. However, if Greenbear slips up on Winman's post, then I am not going to be too eager to buy her commentary on the Book of Acts. It was a simple oversight, but happened nonetheless. Further, by her (1 Tim. 2:11-14) own admission, her postion is weakened by statements such as these.
GB said,

I don't mean any offence at all. I hope we can all work together as brothers and sisters in Christ in growing closer to the image of Him (Rom. 8:29).
JOHN G:
Quote:
However, if Greenbear slips up on Winman's post, then I am not going to be too eager to buy her commentary on the Book of Acts. It was a simple oversight, but happened nonetheless.
You sure hold me to a high standard, John. Let's see how you hold up to your own high standard of "rightly dividing" posts. My "commentary on the Book of Acts"? I could only find one reference I used from Acts in this entire thread:

Quote:
From post #37
Were the apostleship to the circumcism in error regarding the temple practices and the ordinances they continued in ? I think not. Paul even continued in them until God showed him he was to preach only to the gentiles at a certain point.

Acts 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

The offer of the Kingdom of God was still open for a time. If national Israel would have accepted their Messiah He would have come back at that time and national Israel would once again have become the source of blessing to the gentiles. The change in emphasis from the gospel of the circumcism to Paul's gospel to the uncircumcism is transitional. The more fully we understand this the fewer difficult and seemily contradictory verses we encounter.
You have also "slipped up" and wrongly divided my posts.

I've wondered when someone would finally break down and use the "woman should be silent " card because they disagree with me or are at a loss. It's obvious from the first three verses of 1 Timothy that Timothy is the bishop of the church at Ephesus, the pastor of the local church there. Paul therefore is giving Timothy instructions for behavior in the church assembly. In my understanding and that of my husband, anything outside of that is adding to the word of God.