View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Bro. Parrish

Bro. George, I see nothing in your post that changes my position on any of what I have already posted, but thanks for clarifying things for Chette.

I CERTAINLY appreciate and understand the transitional nature of the Book of Acts, I have book after book on the subject. I CERTAINLY appreciate the JEWISH nature of the Bible including the JEWISH Christ we worship, and the importance of RIGHTLY dividing the Word. Some people divide it, ride it, and chop it up until the sun goes down. But my simple position on this remains; the Gospel is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Corinthians 15:1-4) That is EXACTLY what Peter preached in Acts 2, as I have already shown in post 181. The fact that the Gospel went to the Jew first is well known here, and the various "methods" used by the Holy Ghost in Acts are plainly visible for everyone. But it's still the Gospel, it's still the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and it doesn't change my position on believer's baptism at all. Believer's baptism is for BELIEVERS TODAY. I look forward to the day when we can all have a chat with Jesus, Peter and Paul in heaven and let them instruct us further. Until then, Bro. Chette, please pass the lemonade...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.