View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Joy-in-the-Lord

Default Is internet preaching and teaching by women wrong?

1 Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Time 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Cor 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

~**~

I was wondering today; I read a few forums and blogs where ladies preach and teach fellow Christians (both men and women). Do you think in light of the above, well known scriptures, that this is scripturally correct? I am thinking particularly on blogs where a woman's posts are preaching and teaching on all kinds of scriptures (not just home, children and family issues) - such blogs are visited by men too. Does the internet consitute church, or is Paul's teaching just confined to the local churches? And outside the local church a woman is free to preach and teach on the internet?

This is a genuine question, I don't really know that answer and would like some advice.

Thank you in advance .

Blessings.