View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
ONEWAY

I am new to these issues. I recently came under conviction regarding the various translations so I began reading my Bible (King James) and found in Acts 26:14 where Jesus spoke to Paul in the "Hebrew tongue" and said to myself BUT Luke wrote this in Greek! This led me to be convinced that through the power of the Holy Ghost it is possible to have an "inspired translation". It is not a secondary inspiration or extra- Biblical but exactly, perfectly, super-naturally translated into another language.

From Acts 2 and other places I believe that God, through the power of the Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues translated His Word into every language in the World. I believe tongues was not just a sign for unbelievers but a translation tool of God's Word. These facts I am convinced of BUT what I don't know is what are the "inspired translations" in each language?

I am ind Baptist and I see you hold charismatic doctrine...what do you think tongues was for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
I do not believe God inspired His Word in English, or preserved it only in English.

God inspired in the original languages. There are many copies of this today. Preservation covers all that in general.

But God has been able to gather out of these witnesses, by providentially using men, to have one perfect text and translation. It is the King James Bible. This means that the KJB is perfect in showing exactly what was there in the Autographs, and what exactly God was communicating.

Manny, I am curious about your thoughts on the subject. I see there are many variations within the King James people.

thanks.