Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
One of the themes in the Bible is the problems with intermarriage or yoking up of believers with unbelievers. I believe this is the first example of it.
And you would be dead wrong to believe that. Look at this verse:

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

A good a godly line of Sethites, breeding with human women (regardless of their tribe), do NOT produce "giants" no more than evil Canites, breeding with human women. There was something of great note different here!

The resulting spawn, these "men of renown" as the Scriptures calls them, were something not of human with human DNA mixing, even though they are called "men" in that passage. When angels appeared in the Bible they appeared as men:

Judges 13:6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

The phrase "...sons of God came in unto the daughters of men..." clearly sets the description daughters of men against something that was not a human man. Good people don't father physical giants just because they are more moral or godly.