View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstheresies View Post
I do wish all of you well and pray that you are guided more by truth than tradition and sound exegesis rather than emotion.
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; )

I do believe that it is wise that we contend for this tradition that has been passed down to us by faithful Bible believing Christians. Satan's tactic has always been to cast doubt on the Word of God.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

againstheresies, We are guided by Truth and Spirit, which is the Word of God, King James AV 1611. I don't know what exegesis means (is that word even in the bible?). I believe in comparing spiritual things with spiritual things. Perhaps you should to? Anywho, what are your motives here? I personally believe you are trying to shed doubt on our faith in the preserved Word of our God. I don't think this is edifying, and even if you think you are right about your beloved greek, you should take a lesson from Romans 14 my brother. Perhaps you should spend more time winning souls for Christ instead of using greek to cast doubt in the hearts of the faithful.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen