Thread: New Member here
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
PeopleOf TheWay..I just don't know what to do to tell you the truth.Iam married to Mr Hayseed and he is weaker in the Word than me and I'm not being sarcastic in any way,it is just a gentle truth Iam saying.
I would never leave the Chapel he chose for us to fellowship in like some of the ladies have done and leave their husbands to be alone in the Chapel I attend,without their wives.These women left for charismatic goofy reasons not wise biblical discernment.

Until my husband says,"that's it!" I feel I should just stay.I don't believe it is right to for me personally to find another church without my husband.

Mrs Hayseed
Mrs. Hayseed,

Sister, if you don't feel you can leave the church, because you under the headship of your husband, can you perhaps start a small assembly of women in your home? Perhaps for Bible study or Bible readings or simply for prayer. You might reach some other women in your church who are just staying in the church for the same reasons that you are.

One important thing: the first consideration is TRUTH. Are you receiving it at your church? If not, then church in the home sounds like a better option. That's what I have done. There are no KJVO people here that I know of. None of the churches here uplift the AV. They all use primarily the NIV - and sometimes they slide into (even worse!) The Message. It seems that they call forth whatever Bible translation best supports THEIR view and THEIR sermon. They just "mix and match."

My ex-fiance (who was a wonderful Christian until he got mixed up with the Freemasons) told me that I knew more than the minister at his Baptist church. He said that it was appalling to him how unknowledgeable ministers are. They are just dreaming up a topic, and then using a subject index in a few corrupt Bible versions to back-up what they plan to teach.

I'll pray for you and your situation, my sister.

Jassy