View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
At least somebody gets the typology right. Man, Not only is she Adam's wife when she is made, she's also a virgin and married to him at the same time. An exact picture of the church as told by Paul. You can't forget the typology as presented in the book of Ruth or the Songs of Solomon either along with Psalm 45. The typology is important for wisdom and understanding. Moses messed up the typology and was punished by God.
Brother Kevin, I agree with what you said if it means that the fulfilment is at the present Age of Grace ("now"). I've got some comments concerning typology.

Plain doctrine first, before typology: A seemingly "good" typology is not necessarily sound doctrine.

1. Adam and Eve is a good picture of Christ and the Church, but Adam and Eve never taught anyone that the Church is the "bride" of Revelation 19. I realized from my personal study that I have no support of Scripture anywhere to prove that the "bride" of Revelation 19 is the church. The church is there at the Second Coming and in the Millennium, but John did not mention anything about the "one" body or the "church" in Revelation 19, but he did say that the bride is associated with the "twelve" tribes of "Israel".
So I have to choose: Typology or Scripture? Commentary or Bible?

2. Ruth maybe a good picture of the Church. Because of Israel's backsliding, the Church got the blessings.
But Ruth BETTER pictures the Gentiles in the Millennium. The Gentiles get the blessings when they go with Israel. This typology is backed up by passages all over the whole Bible, and indeed far from being an isolated interpretation.
(Credit to whom credit is due, I just learned it recently from an audio study by Dr. Reese.)

3. Somebody accused us of teaching, I dare not mention, of someone being a "polygamist". Well, Solomon sure was one. If Solomon's marriage is a type of anyone or of any future event, then what's the problem if anyone teaches that some person has two wives and is a "polygamist"? Solomon wasn't contented with two wives.