View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
freesundayschoollessons

As a new poster here, and one that is probably already "locked on in your radar," I think it is a mistake to ban people for reasons other than obnoxiously rude and foul comments. Here is why:

1) A forum is a place for public debate. If the KJVOnly position is not able to "weather" even the stormiest debate, then why have a forum.

2) There are plenty of people that do rely on "The Greek," yet are firmly entrenched in the KJVOnly world. Isolating them from this forum on the basis of their knowledge/use of "The Greek" simply undermines the idea of a forum.

3) About "the scholars." There are KJVOnly scholars. In fact, without scholarship, your positions would not have gained the ground it has. Consider the Ruckmans, Thomas Strouses, and Dell Johnson's in your arena. Scholarship is not a bad thing. Even liberal scholars know the grammar. They simply do not see the significance of Scripture.

4) Though you may view outsider's comments as "destroying the faith of others," it cannot happen if they are genuinely believers.

5) If you prevent non-KJVOnly types, then KJVOnly pastors won't be able to quote us in the pulpit on Sunday :-) Threw that one in for fun.

6) Lastly, from a practical side: This is a forum on the WWW. As a Search Engine Expert, I offer you a suggestion. Seek content. Get as much content as you can get. "Content is King" in the WWW world. Some, here, decry the prolific posts of the "outsiders." Let us post. In my case, I will not turn caustic. I will disagree when I need to. But as long as we behave, why not let our voices be heard. The more content this forum allows, the better it will do in the search engines. Put some AdSense on the forum, Viola! You will have more money to promote the gospel. I use my Sunday School Lessons website to raise money for church planters. The same could/should be done here.

Barry: www.evmikna.com