Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
BroBill

Well my brother, for the sake of further speaking on the scriptures, in all love! The scripture you quoted had nothing to do with reverence towards the scriptures (which at the time would have been the books of Moses). It was a testimony that the LORD was with Samuel, and what ever Samuel said came to pass, and he was known in the surrounding area as a prophet of the LORD in Israel (" And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD." I Samuel 3:20).
If my standing on a copy of the Bible bothers you, and you don't know why, then just say it bothers you and you don't know why! Even if your reason is personal and not backed by scripture, you can also say that. If you want to delete my avatar, you obviously can also do that as the moderator.....but please pray about your reasoning first!
Just think....I literally stand on the Bible as a symbol of the WORD of GOD being able to support me in this life completely, just as the the children of Israel were instructed to literally write the Law of GOD on their door posts, and to bind them upon their hands, so they wouldn't forget
"Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates" (Deuteronomy 11:18-20)
Again, if we read Deuteronomy 9:17 "And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes."
and in chapter 10:2 "And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark." We see that GOD didn't punish Moses for literally breaking HIS written commandment......HE made him another set...Praise GOD for goodness and mercy!!!
Also, the Bible in the picture...it's a Scolfield study Bible that I have had for over 10 years, and for all the countless times I've stood upon it, it's still in great shape!

In CHRIST brother, I love the WORD of GOD with as much as is in me, and I strive to "hide it in my heart"! I joined this forum to fellowship about the goodness of GOD, and LORD willing as HIS SPIRIT leads, to be taught and perhaps teach!! To find uncompromised scriptural fellowship with those that would be as "Iron sharpening Iron"!