View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM

Default A Minor Correction To Your Minor Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Uhhh...Vaticanus is a Koine mss. It was not written in Classical or Attic unless you think the passages that match the TR are also Classical. Classical or Attic is a stage of development in Greek the Greek language just as Koine is. The letters were uncial in form (like ALLCAPS). But that does not make it classical.

Just wanted to clarify.
Tin, when I became aware and embroiled in the version battle in 1984. It was instantly apparent that a fair amount of revisionism was present. The attempt to retranslate Psalms 12 and endless flame wars over the Hebrew suffix "-nu", the attempt to shovel Rev. 1:6 into a grammatical "theory" that was not conceived till the late 1700s(Granville-Sharp), and of course, the attempt to turn Attic into Koine' and Koine' into Attic. I respect you opinion and info, though it goes against my college teaching and the volumes of info also to the contrary. To say that Ravianus(16th Century) has the same orthography, caligraphy, and vocabulary as Codex B(alleged 4th Century) is nothing more than Orwellian revisionism.

Grace and peace to you

Tony