View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Let's be honest, Tony. If I haven't examined both sides of the issue, then surely the KJVO's have not either. I.e. I don't know how many KJVO's consider the "other side" of things. That is usually conveyed as compromise to even consider another view.

I should also say that Gal. 2:16, Phil. 3:9, & Rev. 1:6 follow the TR not an Alexandrian reading (which I suspect is identical to the TR). You pointed out a translational difference btween the KJV, but that has nothing to do with Alexandria.
Tim, I can go over here and get my print copy of the NKJV and my Nestle's and start hunting through the readings in the NT for you, Will Kinney, Dr. Ruckman, and many others have already done that for both of us. The main website here has an articles section dealing with a good cross-section of corruptions. The most blatant and obvious Alexandrian corruptions in the NKJV are found in the footnotes of Mark 16:9-20, John 7:58-8:11, I John 5:7, saying the verses are not supposed to be there. Why are they in the Body of the text then and just not taken out?

So sales won't plummet, that's why.

It was one of the other forum members who(justifiably)brought up the thread of the "faith OF Christ" vs "faith IN Christ" that the NKJV corrupts, and that's a doctrine, the doctrine of Imputed Faith. I have viral bronchitis right now, the antibiotics are gone and have to build up and it may be another week before they fight this off. Do you know how "saved" I feel right now? I'm miserable, I don't have faith to get me across the street, let alone to Heaven if I die right now. But if I look into myself, I see a faith in me that would make me do things superhuman right now, the faith Jesus Christ had when He faced Calvary and endured it. When they burned Christians and threw them to wolves and dogs and lions, when Arthur Blessit got put in front of a firing squad, all these people had that faith "of" Christ. People have emailed me and thanked me for explaining that, what a great help it's been to them and I tell them the truth: thank God according to Job 32:8 for giving you the understanding, not me, thank the people in the forum who brought that out, don't thank me. That's why I joke about having my own little "cult", I'm honest with them, the producers of the NKJV weren't, and still aren't.

The reason many "KJVO"s accuse the "Alexadrian Cultists", Mvers, whatever, of not examining both sides the issue is simple: They haven't. Go over to FFF and ask Barry or Robycop3 about Gail Riplinger. I bet they read every book James White wrote about her, not a one of them has read her books. Dave Hunt and Hal Lindsey both poop on Gail Riplinger's work and then both admit they never read her books. Several students, sheep actually, at the college I attended called me a "Ruckmanite" and said, oh, he's wrong about the KJV and the other versions, none of them ever read any of his books.They weren;'t allowed to. I was told if I bring a copy of PROBLEM TEXTS on campus I would be expelled. Ruckman said, in the 21st edition of Nestle's and on through, is mostly W/H then in the 26th, they insert Receptus readings. I searched out and found the 21st and bought the 26th: He was right. When I first joined this forum I read someone had written that Daniel Wallace's NET BIBLE was one of the worst translated and worded of all 200+ English translations on the "market". I got a copy and read about 5000 verses, they were right. I'd trust a Living Bible or a NWT before I would this one

I have my own reason for saying the "New" KJV is not a KJV: in changing words and passages it destroys the cross-reference method of Bible study of Isaiah 28:9-13.

Grace and peace brother

Tony