Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

This scripture right here is in the NT. I just think God made different races for a reason and I don't think we should mix races. I'm not dogmatic about this and I don't believe this because Dr. Ruckman teaches it. Once again, if you married someone outside your race. I don't look down on you at all, nor do I think God is against you. This is just my view on the subject.
If you are going to take this verse and apply it the way you are, do you support sending White Americans into Black African countries to be missionaries? Aren't they breaking the "bounds of their habitation?"

And what do you tell someone who is "mixed?" Where is their "habitation?"

And what does this have to do with race? You say race. The verse you quote didn't say race. You say it's in the NT. But it's not there. The word "race" in the Bible is always about running. Where do you get your concept of race? Do you get it from the Bible or did you get it from Darwin?

When you look at this verse and say it disqualifies someone for marriage, why do you look at skin color instead of a geopolitical map? Can a German marry a Britain? Can native South African marry someone born in Zimbabwe? My guess is you're thinking about the color of their skin and not the boundaries of their nations. And yet you run to this verse to prove that people who look different shouldn't get married.

This verse doesn't even teach that it is wrong for someone to migrate, and here you are, saying it teaches it is wrong to go "outside of your race" for a spouse. You're pointing to a verse that doesn't say diddly about race, and not only that, it doesn't even have a commandment in all its syllables, but somehow, you find a commandment about marriage in it! And when Paul himself says that these nations mean nothing in Christ, you shrug it off and go to Darwin for a better definition of humankind than the one the Bible gives us.

Rant over.