View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
So that He can be "one" with His church, as is the purpose of every marriage:

Ephesians 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Spiritually speaking, I am married to Jesus Christ now (1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit), but not physically, my body is still unsaved, so in that sense I am like a chaste virgin engaged to be married to Christ at a future time up in heaven when I am fully redeemed.
I don;t think we are married to anything right now Matt, I think we are grafted into the Body of the Groom, not the Bride, which was and is to come yet. That grafting with co-equal Gentiles and Jews was the mystery not made known from before the foundation of the world and kept hid in God. At that marriage we will not be God, but in Him and of Him then Christ will make al in all and present the combined Kingdom of Heaven with the Kingdom of God unto the Father, and the story will end where it began. We will be kings(the Groom, the Body) and priests(the Bride, Israel and New Jerusalem) unto God and His Father(Rev. 1:6). The New Heavens, the Universe, will be inhabited and we will then go forth and populate the New Worlds, with a King and Priest ruling over each New World in eternal peace and harmony in a Reality with no death or sin, for all eternity. And the memories of thepresent times, the suffering and injustice will be no more, for all things will be made new again. That's the hope lives in all of us and the hope we give the lost world that through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ we may, Jew or gentile, come to God again after being separated from Him. I didn't get that hope of eternity with a friend closer than a brother htrough reading a KJV, I got it from BELIEVING it.

Grace and peace to you brother, I hope your weekend has been better than mine.

Tony

Grcae and peace to you brither