View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lively Stone View Post
Now I can't use dictionary words without repercussion. I didn't know that you would be so sensitive and defensive about every word I say.
My mistake then, I read something you didn't put there.

Quote:
Well lets see now. You didn't read the material and see it in its proper context and started making statements and quotes that had nothing to do with my thesis or what I said. I believe any rational person would call that an attack whether deliberate or otherwise. Sorry, brother if I say things that bother you but I will defend myself and my position.
If I was "bothered" I'd have stopped responding a dozen posts back.

I believe the verses I have quoted directly apply to understanding what is meant by the "god of this world." That's why I quoted them. If I may add something without rehashing what has already been said: Your argument about who the "god of this world" is appears to be based on who you think has certain powers -- at least I thought that is why you asked me to show you with scripture who can blind eyes besides God. My position is simply that we can know who is spoken of in 2Co 4:4 by looking at other verses that teach the same precept about those who reject the truth, such as Eph 2:2,3; Lu 8:12; Mt 13:19, etc -- these verses are teaching the same precept, and therefor shed light on who is meant by "god of this world." I did not raise those verses up as a distraction. For me they shed abundant light on the matter.

And I have nothing else to say on the subject. Any reply you make will be the last word.

Quote:
jackpudding
Heh -- I had to look that one up.