View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi Luke. I do not push my belief in the sovereignty of God in salvation and the fact that we were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. I believe the Bible clearly teaches these truths but it is not my hobby horse, and I rarely mention these Biblical truths in my articles. However I find it highly ironic that most of those who believe and defend the King James Bible as being the true words of God seem to overlook or ignore the obvious fact that the overwhelming majority of the men who were responsible for giving us the King James Bible were themselves "Calvinists".

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/CalKJB.html

Just a thought.
Here's another thought. The Baptist at the time of the translation of the KJV were sent to jail for preaching the gospel message of Jesus Christ without a license. and sent to jail, (not to mention burned at the stake) for baptizing after one believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, as is exampled in the scriptures. God used those that were able to do the work without being sent to prison. Calvinism is just one of the errors that the reformers held onto. There has always been a narrow path of true believers that never joined ranks with the Catholic Church or the Church of England. Praise the Lord!!