View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
"Peter Ruckman, non-Bible-version questions" and "Peter Ruckman, some brouhahas with other folks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie
Could it be as simple as starting two separate threads with the two titles Steven Avery proposed?
Hi Connie,

Just to be clear, those would both be in the section some to which some of us will pay less notice. The ongoing discussions of the colorful personality aspects and the more edgy or off-the-edge doctrinal issues can all go on in that nice separated forum. Those threads can be as endless as the various sides want.

Under my proposal, or suggestion, what we will be discussing in the no-hassle threads will be topics like :

"English correcting the Greek - Peter Ruckman's examples"
"Alexandrian Cult - the modern version mentality"
"LXX - a myth - Ruckman and Gipp"
"Bible Believers Bulletin - 2008, a review"
"How do we view 'the Greek' "
"Ruth 3:15, both he and she are fine, per Peter Ruckman"

And many dozen more, potentially, things like that. With an attempt to really look at both the conceptual issues and the detail verse issues and the church history and overall textual issues.

Even if this bifurcation (.25c word there) of the Peter Ruckman discussion threads is done informally, it would still be a great help. What I don't like is the ongoing emphasis on the 'colorful' issues, which then becomes essentially the hijacking of any Peter Ruckman thread into a discussion of how good or bad he is.

And what I would like to see is more pure Bible discussion, respecting and discussing the ideas he has brought to the table about the position and majesty of the King James Bible, agree or disagree with various aspects.

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 04-27-2008 at 06:53 PM.