View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
You have a point there.

However the Lord also said;

Matt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

So, we all stand before God at the judgement, but the unsaved will be sent away.
It could be an absence from the PHYSICAL presence of Jesus Christ.

I'm reminded of the passage in Isaiah 66 which I believe refers to the lake of fire and it's inhabitants, it says that we "will look upon" them at regular intervals, the context is the new heavens and earth:

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

And there we find that mysterious word "worm" which I believe is a reference the the very soul of those who have died in their transgressions/sins, in that they will take the form of a worm in the lake of fire. I think Bro. Parrish wholeheartedly agrees with me here!