View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Hmmm....

I'm still not getting it. I know that Christ's righeousness is imputed to us. But I have never seen a verse in scripture that says faith is imputed to us.

And there are many verses that say "our faith"

Matt 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Luke 8:25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

1 Cor 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1 Cor 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Cor 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

2 Cor 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

2 Cor 10:15 Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,

Eph 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Phil 2:17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

Col 1:4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

Col 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

1 Thes 1:8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread

1 Thes 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:

1 Thes 3:6 But now when Timotheus came from you unto us, and brought us good tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also to see you: 7 Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress by your faith:

1 Thes 3:10 Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?

Thats just a start, see also

2 Thes 1:3, James 1:3, 1 Pet 1:7, 1 Pet 1:9, 1 Pet 1:21, 2 Pet 1:5, Jude 1:20

I need to get off the computer, but some of these verses bring up interesting questions. If Christ's faith is imputed to us, then why does it need to be perfected which is lacking (1 Thes 3:10), and why would it need increasing (2 Cor 10:15)? No such things are ever said of righteousness.

I am not saying you are wrong, I need to study this more. I have never heard of imputed faith before. But the Lord himself asked "Where is your faith?" (Luke 8:25)