View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Craig, it makes perfect sense when you see it as inputed faith, just as we have imputed righteousness. This is what the NIV and the NKJV try to obscure: The doctrine of imputed faith, Christ's faith. The faith of Christ. People say to me, "oh, the faith of Jesus Christ must be our 'faith', Christianity." No, the faith of Christ. His faith, not mine. His Spirit leads me into all understanding. By His grace He gives us the gift ofHis faith. The long-suffering of Brandon, the love of George, the patience of Luke, the righteousness of God, the faith of Christ. That's my belief and teaching when teach: Imputed faith, in the same manner the righteousness of God is imputed, so is His faith.

The word of God says it better than I can:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Ro 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Ro 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Ro 10:7 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Gal. 2:1616 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Grace and peace brother.

Tony
Not a single verse you referenced says anything about "imputed faith".